Prosciutto and basil wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 20 pieces
20 dried pitted dates
3oz goat cheese
20 basil leaves
5 slices of prosciutto
1. Open each date up lengthwise (usually pitted dates will already have a lengthwise incision down the middle
2. Stuff each date with a small amount of goat cheese distributed evenly amongst the dates
3. Wrap each date up with a basil leaf
4. Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into 4 pieces. Wrap each basil wrapped date in prosciutto.
5. Place on a baking sheet and broil on high for 7 minutes until prosciutto starts to bubble.
6. Insert a toothpick into each date and serve warm