Blueberry Lemon Muffin Recipe
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 15 cupcakes
1.5 tbsp melted butter
1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
1.5 tbsp flour
3 tbsp raw sugar
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup minus 1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1 large lemon plus zest from 1/2 a lemon for garnish
2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen is ok too)
2 tbsp flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and flour for the streusel topping. Stir until crumbly
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated
- Add milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir until combined. (It will look curdled a this point).
- In a small bowl, place washed blueberries and 2 tbsp flour. Toss to coat then use a strainer or slotted spoon to remove excess flour.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mix to butter mix and fold until thoroughly combined.
- Add blueberries and carefully fold until evenly distributed.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 way full with batter.
- Add a sprinkle of streusel topping to each muffin (roughly 2 tsp per muffin)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until a toothpick pressed through the center of the muffin comes out clean and muffin tops are lightly golden.
- Cool in muffin tins for 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Post a Comment