Blueberries and Cream Cookies
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour + 2 hours refrigerator time
Yield: 32 cookies
20 g(1/4 cup) milk powder
20 g (1/8 cup) flour
6 g(1 tbsp) corn starch
12 g (1 tbsp) sugar
1 g(1/4 tsp) salt
2 tbsp melted butter
10 g (1/8 cup) milk powder
45 g (1.5 oz) white chocolate, melted
16 tbsp butter (room temperature)
150g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
150g (2/3 cup) brown sugar
100g (1/4 cup) glucose (makes the cookies chewy!)
320g (2 cups) all purpose flour
2g (1/2 tsp) baking powder
1.5g (1/4 tsp) baking soda
4g (1 tsp) salt
1 recipe of milk crumbs
227g (about 1 cup) dried blueberries
1. First make the milk crumbs: Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
2. Add milk powder, flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt to a medium sized bowl and mix. Next add the melted butter and mix until small clusters form.
3. Sprinkle mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until mixture is dry. Let crumbs cool completely.
4. Next add remaining 10g milk powder to crumbs and toss to coat.
5. Pour white chocolate over the crumbs and fold the mixture so the white chocolate coats all the crumbs evenly.
6. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Next make the dough: cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add glucose and mix for an additional 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
8. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
9. Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined - do not over mix!
10. Add milk crumbs and blueberries and stir them into the mixture just until evenly distributed.
11. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before baking for best results.
12. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a 1.5 inch ice cream scooper, scoop dough and place 2 inches apart on a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet.
13. Bake for 12-15 minutes until sides begin to golden. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Post a Comment