Blueberry season is coming to an end, but not before I get one more recipe out of them! This recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen is simple to follow, uses basic ingredients and will stay good for a couple days in the fridge.
Blueberry Crumb Bars
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 36 bars
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour
2 sticks unsalted butter, refrigerated
1/4 tsp salt
1 lemon (zest and juice)
5 cups blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Sift together 1c granulated sugar, baking powder, and flour and lemon zest.
- Cut each stick of butter into 16 pieces and add to flour
- Using a pastry blender or a fork, mix in butter and flour. Add egg and blend until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, toss together blueberries, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice.
- Press half of pastry dough into a 13x9inch pan lined with parchment paper
- Pour blueberry mixture on top of crust.
- Crumble the remaining pastry dough across the top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing.