Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 loaf
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup granulated sugar
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream together room temperature butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined. (Mixture will look a little curdled)
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
4. Add dry flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until thoroughly even.
5. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir just enough to incorporate.
6. Lightly grease a 9x5in standard sized loaf pan. Pour batter evenly into the loaf pan (use a spatula to even out batter if needed).
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes (depends on oven type) until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Tip on how to get bananas to ripen faster:
Place them in a plastic bag and tie the top to air seal it. Place it in another plastic or brown paper bag. Leave it there for a few days (even better if you leave it in the sun) and voila! browned ripened bananas. The bananas emit ethylene gas which acts to ripen the banana. If sealed in a bag, the ethylene gas cannot escape, thereby ripening the bananas faster. Glad I paid attention during middle school science class :)
Viv, is this the one we used to bake? Sooo incredibly delicious!ReplyDelete
YES! The one and only!Delete