Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip and therefore everything mint-chocolate has me drooling for more. Fads may come and go, as do other flavor combos, but mint chip has always been here to stay in my book. If it's good as an ice cream, why not make a cookie out of it?
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 10oz bag Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips (or 2 - 4.6oz boxes andes mints chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. With an electric mixer, cream together butter (room temperature) and both sugars.
3. Once blended, add egg and egg yolk. Continue to mix until incorporated.
4. Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
6. Add dry ingredients to egg/butter/sugar mixture and stir until all ingredients are incorporated and there is no longer any loose flour mixture.
7. Add mint baking chips and knead into dough until evenly distributed.
8. Scoop 1.5-2tbsp mixture. Form mixture into a ball with you hands then flatten slightly prior to placing on cookie sheet. Arrange dough on cookie sheets 2 inches apart in anticipation of spreading during baking.
9. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes
10. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips can be found at Walmart for less than $3!
Adapted from original recipe at www.sallysbakingaddiction.com