Although I have never been huge fan of oatmeal raisin cookies, I absolutely love cranberry oatmeal cookies. This recipe uses just a hint of orange along with white chocolate chips and pecans for some added depth and texture. Adapted from original recipe from Running with Spoons
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate and PecansPrep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 2 oranges (about 1.5-2tsp)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup and 1 tbsp dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Stir in rolled oats, cranberries, chocolate chips, and pecans until evenly distributed.
5. Scoop 1 inch scoops onto your baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten cookie dough slightly just before baking (these cookies don't spread much).
6. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Best if eaten within 48 hours but can store for up to a week in an airtight container.
Post a Comment